Climate Crisis Community Engagement Specialist
● Engage Detroit residents to increase their knowledge of environmental stewardship and/or environmentally-conscious practices.
● Participate in daily environmental education centered around weekly themes such as climate change impacts and resilience, heat island effects, air quality impacts, increased wet weather risks (flooding), waste reduction, greenhouse gas reduction, green jobs, Good Housekeeping and Yard best practices.
● Engage in community outreach by attending community meetings, contacting residents, visiting area businesses, distributing flyers, etc. to increase community awareness of urban climate change effects, such as flooding, temperature increase, and air quality.
● Participate in environmental stewardship opportunities such as tree/pollinator planting, park improvements, removal of litter or invasive species, shoreline clean-up, or other community climate-conscious efforts.
● Participate and be engaged in outdoor recreation and experiential hands-on learning to strengthen your understanding and support their engagement of community residents.
● Engage in daily environmental education centered around weekly themes such as climate change impacts & resiliency, heat island effects, air quality impacts, increased wet weather risks (flooding), waste reduction, greenhouse gas reduction, green jobs, Good Housekeeping and Yard best practices.
● Assist with improving hazard awareness through the use of measurement instrumentation, and demonstrate green infrastructure installations for residents of Detroit.
● Engage with organizations and experts from diverse ecological, social, and governing backgrounds.
● Explore the many different types of in-office and in-field opportunities offered by the green jobs industry and non-profit community organizations.
We value diversity, inclusion and equity. We do not discriminate in any aspect of service because of race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical appearance, ability/disability, socio-economic status, marital or parental status, veteran status, or any other improper criterion.